Monday, November 20, 2006

Moved

Thanks to some awesome help, all of my stuff now resides in Canberra. Well, techically it is west Queanbeyan but it's just easier to say Canberra.
Big thanks go out to Doug, Mark, Al and Irwan who gave up a whole day to load the truck and come to Canberra with me. Honourable mentions go to Dave Gray and Kester who kindly helped me load the truck in the morning. Also, a big thanks to Adam Clay my ex-housemate for doing such a great job on helping clean in the week prior to the move.
Saturday morning I picked up the truck from Budget at 8:00. We packed it and were on our way to Canberra by about 10:30. Got to Canberra about 1:30. Unloaded and hung out with the one new housemate and her boy till about 3:00. Drove back, took the old fridge and Dave Gray's old bed to TOD. Dropped the truck home and since Doug was alone that night (it was Lisa's hens night), we watched a movie. We ended up seeing "Fast and the furious - Tokyo Drift". Very typical fast and furious movie with dumb plots and even dumber ideas (such as, lets solve problems by racing cars). However, there was lots of cool cars and well done driving scenes so, for a simple movie after a big day of moving, it was ok.
Yesterday was a massive slog. After getting up I basically cleaned the house the whole day and packed the rest of the stuff into my car. I had missed alot of kitchen things in the initial pack so my car was pretty full. There was sooo much cleaning, sweeping, steam cleaning, mopping, oven cleaning and stuff. I went to church and came home and kept going. I went to bed at about 12:30 after everything was done! Phew! Oh well, it's done now. As I closed the door on the place I felt a little sad as there were alot of fun times there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home