Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ow the pain!

I have a name for my pain and it is Bodypump!:) (guess the movie I am alluding to)
Over the last while I have been going to the gym. Not going to any classes, but just using the cardio machines to try and trim down a bit.
Now, the walker and the bike are ok but there is a particularly nasty machine called the cross trainer. It is hard to start using it but if you increase your time every time you go, after about 6 times you can do 20 minutes in 1 go. 300 Calories burnt for that 20 mins so sayeth the machine.
So, it is with this mastery of the cross trainer that I decided to join my friend Bekk (wife of Mark) for a class of Bodypump on Tuesday morning. Right now, I hope I will be able to walk up the street by tomorrow! OK, so I slightly exadurate (sp?).
It has given me an understanding that certain repetitive exercises (especially machines) are quite specific at targeting certain muscles. Unfortunataly that means that the other muscles near there dont get the workout they need.
All this being said, I would like to go each week because it seems to be quite effective.
Bring it on! Grrr! :)

5 Comments:

At 1:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to join a gym and go classes like BodyPump, but the prices in Chatswood are just stupid. :p

 
At 1:48 pm, Blogger Stoobie said...

This session they do it at the unigym on Sunday at 10:35.
If you are in the gong Sat night it could be possible.
As for me, I tried to get up early enough this morning but couldnt do it. For some reason I had a really bad nights sleep.

 
At 9:59 pm, Blogger Mel M said...

Have also recently joined a gym- I have only done pump once and believe me I am sending mega amounts of sympathy right now as I was barely able to move the next day and when I looked in the mirror I expected to be covered in balck and blue bruises. Have yet to convince myself that I should actually go back for that- I did however manage to do 5 chin ups this week- and yes the cross trainer is one of the hardest machines for me.

Keep it up!

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger Mel M said...

It is also difficult to understand why we are paying money to hurt so much!!!

 
At 5:32 pm, Blogger Georgina said...

This is my constant "Friday" ache after my gym class - and I'm aching now after today's - it's so good though - well done!

I now can do several real push ups for the first time ever!! YAY!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home