Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Long Weekend

Hi All,
While I want to continue with the Romans bible studies I thought I would update the goings on as well.
As I said in a previous post, I had a girlfriend for a bit but it didnt work out. One thing I have learnt is that when you get a girlfriend you have to make space for her in your life. Other things get adjusted this way or that to make the time needed for a relationship possible. Of course, if you end up breaking up with them, all of a sudden there is a big gap where they used to be. I dont mean soppy heart stuff (although it's painful of course) just that you seem to all of a sudden have alot of time on your hands. Initially that is great in that some stuff you didnt get to do, you go and do and so on. The trouble is that it doesnt last that long. As I found out last week, I was feeling really down because lots of the people at church are coupled up and as a matter of course end up doing that kind of stuff. Often it means they are unavailable because they have to go to a party of the girlfriend's friend for example. There is nothing wrong with that. It is a natural part of life. I was just finding it hard feeling like I hadnt done anything really social for a while.

So, that was last week. Since then, it has been a total turn around.

As I am a heart on the sleeve man I told a few close friends about how I was feeling. I have to say that their actions have been awesome. Thanks, of course end up going to God for that and the way he worked in my friends to cheer me up and get me back on track was great.
Friday night I organised for Tim and Jon and Kester to watch the opening ceremony and first game of the world cup at my house. From work to about 8pm I went to the pub with Kester and Cath. That was quite good. We then went back to my house and Tim brought over his xbox 360. We played a few games before the ceremony started. The guys went home after the first half of the Germany vs Costa Rica game (3am ish).
Saturday Jon had the cool idea to go op-shopping so we went to a couple of places in town and I got a virtually new Van Heusen buisness shirt for $12.
We had lunch after that in town and I went home to sleep the afternoon since I had about 5.5 hours sleep the night before.
Work up and went to Anne's house for dinner with Ben and Stacie, Matt A and Tina. It was a really nice night with Anne's usual brilliant cooking (we had souffle for dessert if that is an indicator). That was a good night with good fun and chats and a game of uno attack in there for good measure.
Went home at 10 because Tim and Jon were coming over for the England vs Paraguay game. Watched that which was good and went to bed after the game.
Sunday was nice too, I had a nice sleep in and did a whole stack of washing up and vacuuming etc etc. The house (at least downstairs) was looking good. I then went to my dad's house for his birthday which was an early dinner. After dinner I went home via my little bro's house to pick up some of his stuff (he is going back overseas-to Sweden this time). Got home, unpacked and went to church 45minutes late. Church ended up being quite good too. One of the girls was leaving which was kind of sad because she was cool. It was good to be able to say goodbye though.
Monday I had a BBQ lunch with Mark and Genno with Mark's parents. That was nice too. After that Mark came over to my house for role playing with the dudes. After role playing we went to Irwan's house to watch the Australia vs Japan game. Irwan wasnt very prepared though and the first half was watched with some pretty ordinary reception. During half time, Jon and Pete and I decided to watch the second half at my house which was a good decision because we could actually see the ball on the screen!:)
Last night after work I went and picked up a bed from my little bro's house too. He wasnt there because he flew out that afternoon but his mate helped me pack the car. I got home, unpacked it and we then had bible study. After bible study, I set the thing up, made my comfy new bed and went to sleep. Phew!

Anyone for tennis....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home