Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Farms are way cool

Lots has been happening.
Firstly, my holidays were really good. Nothing extreme, just good times.
Easter Friday was the Cathedral Easter Convention which was quite good. Richard Chin and John Dickson spoke well. On Easter Sunday Emily organised a sun rise at the beach adventure for a bunch of her friends. After that we went to her house and she cooked omlets for everyone. Mmmm tasty.
Emily, The Fletcher's and I went to the Easter show on the Tuesday after. It was really good. We saw the woodchop, sheepdog trials, displays and the end-of-the-day show. It was all really good. I was pretty tired by the end though! I left home at 7:00am and got home pretty late. Good day though.
During the week I pretty much chilled out. I had a job interview in Sydney on the Thursday which they ended up not offering me the job due to my uni results! (4 years out of uni, when will they stop haunting me!)
Friday afternoon was the occasion known as IronFest. What is that I hear you ask? Well, put together jousting, mediaval weapons and armour, hand to hand fighting displays, blacksmithing competitions and tasty food and you have IronFest. Totally awesome. Kester, Owen, Simon, Mark G and I went all the way to Lithgow for the event.
We stayed at a local caravan park in an onsite van which was cool. There was a double bed and 3 single beds (there was some discrepancy if Simon was coming or not when we booked). The 3 singles were bunk beds and the bottom one was just a mattress on the floor!
We got there Friday late afternoon and checked in. We then did our food shopping for the weekend. We picked up some pizza's on the way home and had them for dinner. Kester had organised a cool one off level 13 roleplaying campaign for us that we played both nights we were there.
The festival itself was really good. One poor knight got jousted in the place that no man would want to be jousted. He ended up being ok though. I would say more about IronFest but I have limited time to write this blog.

Monday after that I worked. It was pretty quiet because many people took Monday off to coincide with the public holiday on the Tuesday. I went for another interview (in Wollongong) during my lunch hour. I havent heard back from them but dont like my chances.
Tuesday was ANZAC day and Mark E and Shaggy came over and we played a bit of role playing. Shaggy had to go though so Mark and I made another character for a different game Mark is hoping to lead. Tuesday night we had a bible study social event where people came over earlier and I cooked dinner for them. We had bolognaise which seemed to go down ok. After that we played 'Cranium' which is a fun game (thanks for bringing that Emily).
Wed/Thurs was work.
Thursday night Emily 2 of the Fletchers and myself went to see Pete Murray at the Wollongong ent ctr. It was really good. He was struggling with a bad cold but I still thought it was a really good concert.
Friday I had off work. I went to Sydney for 2 more job interviews. Both of them were really positive with the second one offering me the job on the spot. I found out on Monday that the other one rang the agency straight after I left to offer me a job as well. More on that in a sec.
Saturday I went to the Fletcher's farm out near Crookwell. Emily was going to come too but was sick.:( Whilst the drive out there was a solid 3.5 ish hours it was still great! They have a little Pee Wee 80 that I got a go on and a cool little barn thing that they are making a holiday house out of. We painted the floor with this cool paint for concrete which looked quite good. We only got half done but it was still lots of fun. The boys and I also dug the start of a stormwater trench which was pretty hard work but fun too. Another quick burn around on the bike and we headed home at about 5. Really good day.
As for the job world, well I have a bit of a quandry now. Do I take the job and make life harder for myself? Or do I take the poor but easy option to stay? Hard choices.
Much prayer and thoughts required.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home