Friday, September 22, 2006

The calm before the storm

As Little Rach has said, long time - no post.
Not that it was, but I can now conveniently say that the lack of posting was the calm before the storm.
What storm you may ask?
I am moving to Canberra (well Queanbeyan technically)!!!!!!
A little while ago, I applied for a position with the Leighton group (the largest building contractor in Australia) and I recently found out that I got the job!
I will be a site engineer working on the new defence HQ down near there. Pretty prestigeous(sp?) job.
Why on earth would I move you might also say?
Well, it has been a very tough decision. Many sleepless nights weighing things up and 'what if'-ing to the n'th degree. All my friends are here pretty much, and I am doing good stuff ministry wise. I guess that (apart from weighing up things like what ministry stuff will I be able to do there etc etc) the main reason for going is that it would be a change that is good for me.
Also, realistically, Wollongong and all it holds would only be 2.5 hours drive away and I love driving. I severely doubt I would drop off the planet.
Your prayers would be appreciated with it all though!
Stu

4 Comments:

At 8:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!!

I am really surprised!

But even though moving to a new city is hard (you saw me get teary!) I think it can be a really good thing.

There are lots of ex-Wollongong people in Canberra anyway. ;)

 
At 11:23 pm, Blogger ChinDoGu said...

Excelent news! Glad to hear you got the job!. I can also sympathise with the moving to a new location, I've evaded doing exactly that with sydney.

I hope things work out really well for you and god blesses you in the new location. I hope you can find a suitable church down there! And as you say, only 2.5 hours drive!

God Bless!

 
At 9:41 am, Blogger Lara said...

Congratulations on the job! My brother and sister-in-law used to live in Queanbeyan. Now they live in Canberra. They go to Crossroads, which seems to be a good, evangelical church.

 
At 6:37 pm, Blogger Ximno said...

It is awesome dude. Although I heard in person prior to the online thingy... Let the records show that I am incredibly excited for you.
Plus, you'll never be moving out of the prayers

Grace out
Sim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home