Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Church Conference

This weekend gone we had the annual church conference.
It was really good. The guest speaker was a guy called George Athas and he spoke on the Holy Spirit from Luke 3 and 4. Really good.
Things like how the Spirit enables us to say no to sin (of course we still stuff up sometimes) and the way the spirit works in us vs the way evil spirits work in people Jesus talked to. We also learnt how the Spirit does not come in and invade us, but takes up residence in us to allow us to be the people God made us to be.
Other than the talks it was also really good to be able to hang out with families of other congregations and spend a little quality time with people from my own congregation too.
I got to hold little Elka who is only 6 weeks old while her mum and dad had lunch. It was really nice to hold her and while I was holding her, her mum said that I would make a good dad. That was a nice compliment.
I want to be a dad.
All in all, a really good weekend of building up and relating.

4 Comments:

At 6:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been thinking, and I don't think I want to be a stay at home mum. I am really sure that I don't, actually! If I have kids (and I don't really hanker for them) I will go back to work when they are at school.

My mum and my sister are okay being at home without too much structure in their day, but my dad and I need to leave the house or we go stir-crazy!

Anyway, random comments. Glad you enjoyed your camp. :)

 
At 12:42 pm, Blogger Stoobie said...

Yeah, agreed. I wouldnt want my wife (assuming God blasses me with one) to stay at home too much. I would be wanting for her to get out there and be her own person, succeed in her own areas and have fun.

 
At 12:52 pm, Blogger Stoobie said...

Oh, just a point of clarification. I dont think that 'stay at home' mums arent their own person etc etc. I guess I was just saying that I wouldnt be happy to limit my future (and theoretical) wife's potential to anything less than she wants.

 
At 8:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stu, long time no post! How are you going?

I would have emailed this, but I cleaned out my inbox and forgot to save everyone's email addresses. Ooops. ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home