Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Holiday



Hi All,


In keeping with my resolution to post more, let me tell you of my Easter holiday.



I had decided to take the 4 days before Easter off work to relax, catch up on some Zed's and generally feel like I live where I do (you know, unpacking the last couple of boxes etc.).



The first weekend was much like any other. Church was good and I enjoyed sleeping in more than just 1 or 2 days of the weekend. However, after I had watched a movie at home on Monday morning I felt like actually doing something with my holiday and not just lazing around at home.



So, I decided to go for an adventure-drive. I packed my car and headed off south. I drove to Cooma, then Wagga Wagga (along the snowy mountains highway) and stayed the night at Wagga Wagga.



Here Is one photo I took along the snowy mountains highway.




After staying with old friends in Wagga, I drove south along the olympic highway, through Albury/Wodonga and had lunch in Beechworth (where they tried Ned Kelly). After that I continued south-east along the great alpine road which was awesome.



I bought a bottle of wine from Boyntons winery (where I took this photo).


At Omeo, I started north West along the Omeo highway and got as far as Mitta Mitta that night. I stayed in a caravan park next to the river which was awesome. The nasty part of the trip was that the Omeo highway had alot more dirt road than my map indicated! Not Happy!


This is my camping spot at Mitta Mitta. Not bad for $17!

The next day I drove North and turned East on the Murray Valley highway, then I turned South to head along the Alpine way through Thredbo and Jindabyne. I had a late lunch in Cooma and got back at about 3:00 on the Wednesday. I may have gone further afield but I had to be back for Wednesday night to go and see Cirque Du Soleil.

It was awesome by the way. We splurged on VIP tickets which got us a special tent before the show, in which they served us grilled salmon or beef dinner with all sorts of cool entrees. We also got unlimited drinks and groovy desserts during intermission with chocolate spoons! The show was awesome too with a little audience participation enforced on me by the preshow clowning.

All in all, good times. The rest of the time off was relaxing around the house doing those holiday type things: cleaning, shopping, church over Easter was quite good too.

Jesus is risen! He is risen indeed!

1 Comments:

At 4:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stu,
Sounds like you are well settled in and enjoying yourself. The Snowy Mountains Highway is a great drive and I am glad you had a good time away. Might be heading your way next month - I have a wayward goat cheese factory that needs a look at... will let you know the details and maybe we can catch up.

love anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home