Friday, July 20, 2007

Snow Weekend #1

Last weekend I went to the snow and it was awesome.

We left at about 5:30 on Saturday morning and drove straight down to the snow. It was great fun. The first day I really needed to get my snow legs happening but after a few green runs I was able to remember most of what I learnt last year.


Top of Mount Perisher

We stayed at the 'snowline caravan park' in Jyndabyne in one of their 3 'backpacker' cabins. The cabins are small (basically consist of a bed and a cupboard per person) but we only needed to sleep in there. I was with a couple of friends who were much better skiers than I and they were happy to impart their skiing knowledge on to me and give me a few tips. By the end of the second day I was doing some reasonable blue runs with the best achievement being the 'towers' run on mount Perisher.



My Skis

2 Comments:

At 8:21 am, Blogger Ximno said...

Who'd you go with?? I hope o get down this year.. I hear there is acually some snow this year.

 
At 6:26 pm, Blogger Georgina said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home