Sunday, October 07, 2007

Recent events

Recently:
1/ I got offered a job up in Brisbane for an obscene amount of money. Turned it down because I decided that the wiser, long term solution would be to stay with the company I am with. That most likely means that early next year I will be moving back up to Sydney. Not definite, but unless things get significantly better I will be back up in Sydney faster than a tumbleweed in a stiff breeze. I will probably have a separate post exploring my thinking behind that later.

2/I signed up for Salsa dancing classes with a local dance studio. They start on the 18th of October. I need to get out there and do more social things. This seemed like a good option.

3/ I had a friend's 30th in Sydney the Sat night of the long weekend, went to Wollongong for the Sunday/Monday morning and realised how much I miss the gong. It was great hanging out with friends and catching up. I hadn't been back in a while and was beginning to feel it.

4/ Got an Xbox 360 this week. Traded in the old xbox and a bunch of games. It was good to get some money off the 360 but it felt a little sad. I've had alot of fun memories with that box. From youth group events, to friend's bucks parties, to having mates over and playing Halo 2 through in one sitting, there were many good times there. Hopefully the 360 will keep that theme going.

5/ This weekend has been pretty quiet. Could have gone to the gong for some Salsa dancing but because I had to work today I decided that it would be easier to just stay home and chill. Ended up finishing Halo 3 Friday night/Sat morning. Helped the new housemate set up the spare room, watched some 'Scrubs' and went to a friends house to watch Australia play badly enough to lose to England in the world cup. It was a good night apart from the loss though. Good company, good hot chocolate (thanks Tim), and good jokes (mainly at my housemate's expense) made it the highlight of the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home