Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Sydney here I come!

Hi All,
Just a quick note to say that I applied for, was offered, and accepted, a job up in Sydney. Woo Hoo!
I will be working for John Holland on the Sydney de-salination project in Kurnell. I dont really think that de-salination is the way to go as far as our water resourcing is concerned, however if they want me to build it, I will come.
It is kind of sad saying goodbye to the people in Canberra though, but I will still be able to visit them and spend some time during the coming snow season. :)
I told my work on Friday last week. It wasnt much fun resigning, but the people who I work with at the moment were pretty reasonable about it so that was ok.
As for how long I will be around, I have to work till next Tuesday (11/3) then I am on holidays till the day after Easter Monday 23/03 (going to the Formula One in Melb). I would then have to work for 4 days (which I am trying to convince work that they dont need me for) before disappearing. I will start the new job on the 29th of March.
Over that time I will, of course need to find somewhere to live but I dont think it will be too hard. If I cant find anywhere I can stay with my Dad and step-mum but it would be a pain because I would have to find somewhere to put my stuff etc etc.

2 Comments:

At 9:37 pm, Blogger Mister Tim said...

We'll miss you!

 
At 9:09 pm, Blogger /Karen/ said...

Woohoo! Welcome back to the city of terrible public transport and traffic, great views and lots of fun things to do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home